Monday, January 17, 2011

Spring Fever! Drawing Plants

The days have been cold and dark so yesterday I bought some hyacinths and daffodils. I like to watch them change from hour to hour as they open and their color alters. I spent some time this afternoon doing a few sketches. I plan on doing more when they fully open. I have been influenced by many botanical artists. Most recently by Ann Swan author of Botanical Portraits in Colored Pencil.

I also enjoy drawing vegetables and fruits and exploring their various textures. Painter Liz Floyd is a master at capturing such texture. I own two of her paintings and go to them for inspiration.

photo.jpg

Photo by Marie Dauenheimer

Botanic drawings

Colored pencil drawing by Marie Dauenheimer

Botanic drawings

Colored pencil drawing by Marie Dauenheimer

Botanic drawings

Colored pencil drawing by Marie Dauenheimer

1 comment:

  1. I truly admire these colored pencil drawings. They are very simply fantastic. You really captured the essence of Spring!

    ReplyDelete